help me flash my bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

poetry8

Baseband Member
hi guys. i have just put a second hard drive into my computer. the master is my original hd which is only 20gb, the new slave hd is 80gb but the comp will only read it as 30gb. i think it may have something to do with the bios,it is rather old. can anyone help me with this.any suggestions welcome,thanks

Umm yea sure. Let me just use my telapathic powers to see what bios version and motherboard you have....lol

You need to provide us with more information on the motherboard.

good point :beard: , download everest
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
get into motherboard-->motherboard and take a screenshot

while its highly possible a bios update will resolve it , its never a sure thing , so if it wont resolve it youll have to get an ide controller card and in that case better stick to *promise* (the best manufacturer of those)

sorry guys i totally forgot to put tht info,i already have everest ultimate.here is the info i gathered, motherboard=msi ms-6156bx,chipset=i440bx,bios= american megatrends, a615601 v2.2b3020999

youll have to get an ide controller card or a new pc (i think its about time,dont you?) , a bios update wont cut it in your case , apparently there have been 2 revisions of that mobo first one with ami bios (what you got) and second with award bios ,the second bios history looks promising with big hd support but the first one doesnt look promising at all only 1.0 & 1.1 and wanna know what the changelog is? only this "Change the bootup screen from "Katmai(r) CPU" to "Pentium(r) III CPU""

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom