help me choose.want a sweet pc.(new one) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2008, 02:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via MSN to BadZone16
Default help me choose.want a sweet pc.(new one)

hey first time posting a forum. the story is this,
my dear dad got some cash from his grand dad death. and dad just blows his money on nothing, he isnt that smart sad to say.but i asked him to get me a kick *** computer, i choose what i want. i said it be around $2000, australian dollars.
and anyway, the point is this. what should i get with that amount? i wont get a moniter, speakers or sound card.
all i want is a gaming system with a cpu, motherboard, graphic card, case(and power supply).
oh give and take a few hundred dollars, so maybe i can get 2500? if im lucky enough.

help would be great. oh and i live in melbourne, so a computer store in melbourne would be nice, i dont like buyin things over the net.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
I can't brain today
Default Re: help me choose.want a sweet pc.(new one)

If your only going to buy from stores in Melbourne then your best bet is to look in your local yellow pages to find some computer stores in your area.

Be advised that buying over the internet will get you a much cheaper & better performing computer than one from a local shop for the same price.

Have a look at GameDude Computers OnLine Store

I use them ALOT and have never had a problem for over 2-3 years (they are also the cheapest going around)

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."
Old 11-25-2008, 03:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Default Re: help me choose.want a sweet pc.(new one)

Not sure on your local prices so here is a 775 build that will defo be under budget otherwise you may want a I7 1336 build which is the latest form.

case: whatever you prefer we will tell you if its cooling is decent I like Lian Li
Cpu: Intel quad Q9*50
mobo: p45 or 780i chipset
psu: 850W Bfg E-series
Graphics: 2x Evga Nvidia gx260 216 core
Ram: 4gb of some known brand DDR2 (800mhz)
Cpu cooler: Thermal right ultra 120 extreme, core contact freezer or a tuniq tower
Hdd: raptor 75gb with a 32gb partition for the OS and another 32gb partition for games (this loses you one gb but gives you a 20% speed increase) with a 500gb seagate, samsung or Western digital drive for storage.

I think thats everything but a soundcard I would strongly reccomend I went for ages not having one and thinking they're pointless for the average person but now I have one :P never go back.
Closed Thread