help me choose the right PC please ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

y0immatt

Beta member
IÂ’m in the market for a new computer and looking to spend less than $1000 for an entire set up.... meaning monitor included.... IÂ’m going to be using this computer for very light gaming (Unreal Tournament 2004 ) .... so graphical designs .... and mainly for DVD encoding and burning and multitasking Â…. IÂ’ve done some research and I know I want one thatÂ’s either 3.0GHz + or Pentium D 2.8GHz + Â…. Also dual channel ram would be nice and a hard drive with more than 150gigs Â…. With that said here are some that I am really considering Â…

Sony VAIO PCV-RS710GX

A few questions about this one Â…. Is it dual channel ram and also if I were to upgrade the video card Â… do I need to upgrade the PSU too since it seems like its less than 300 Â….

Sony VAIO RB40
HP M1264N
HP M7160N

I think these have integrated graphics Â… will I be able to add an AGP or PCIe graphics card to this ?

Thanks Â… and any other suggestions on any computer would be nice too Â…

I'll tell you what everyone else will tell you... build one.

Consider your budget to be $700 for the comp, and $300 for the monitor.

eww sony, dont ever go near sony, sony sucks, and they use like a micro psu or something with odd dimensions and you cant upgrade the psu, so that means you cant upgrade the video card, so as trotter said build your own, yuo can build a decent machine for 700 dollars, im thinking 300 dollar monitor

$700, without salvaging parts from the sony will not get you a dual-core dude. Believe the RS series had pci-express slot, but the psu sucks. I don't understand why you need a new pc, the current one should do fine for your purposes if it has a pentium 4. You don't really need the dual-core.

ROger

PZEROFGH said:
eww sony, dont ever go near sony, sony sucks, and they use like a micro psu or something with odd dimensions and you cant upgrade the psu, so that means you cant upgrade the video card, so as trotter said build your own, yuo can build a decent machine for 700 dollars, im thinking 300 dollar monitor

What you talking about! I have a Sony laptop and I love it! I don't game with it though. For gaming, building custom is by far the best choice. For email, web surfing, and MS Office, and any other productivity software (save high end stuff like AutoCAD and 3DsMAX), any of today's computers will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom