Help me choose a new Motherboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

Solid State Member
Hi there, new to the site, my first post! Hope you all can help me out!! :)

Ok firstly, i've currently got a reasonable setup that a i purchased a few years ago, has done me proud so far but think its time to look at upgrading now! Heres the current Rig;

AMD Athlon XP Mobile 2500+ clocked to 3200+
DFI NFII Ultra Infinity Motherboard
1Gb Geil Golden Dragon DDR400 RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb AGP 8x Graphics
2x WD Raptor 36Gb SATA in RAID0
Seagate 80Gb SATA
Seagate 160Gb SATA
Sony DVD+-RW
All powered by an Antec TruPower 430w PSU

Now, im looking to change the Motherboard, CPU & RAM. Dont really want to have to change the graphics card at the moment as its still pretty OK for what i use it for.

Right, so im looking for this in a board;

1. LGA775 Dual Core Capable - From what i've read these are alot better than the AMD X2 equivalents?
2. Either an AGP slot or a built-in Graphics chip that will be similar spec to my 9800 Pro
3. SATA 300

As for budget, nothing stupidly expensive! Looking to spend around £50-60 will go more if needed!

Thanks!

Matty

mobo: gigabyte ds3
cpu:e4300
Ram: cheapest name band ram 1gb (check here before buying)
gfx: you can buy pciexpressx16 to agp8x adapters so you can use your current card

this will cost about £160 best websit for cheap parts and deals is Ebuyer - Cheap Computers Laptops Digital Cameras Televisions they give you £10 off if you spend more then £30 aswell. I have never figured out how there search system works though it seems fairly random everytime I have tried looking for a part

I've done some searching and only found one adapter by Albatron, and it only works with a select few nVidia cards :(

Looks like im going to have to ditch the 9800 Pro :(

Are there any on-board graphics that are similar in performance to a 9800 Pro now?! Or a cheap graphics card that is similar?!?! What ones are pushing out similar numbers??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom