Help me build a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper44

Beta member
I'm looking to get a new computer and from what I read you can build a nicer one for cheaper than what you buy one in the store for. I'm great with using computers, but when it comes to the actual hardware like memory and processors, I know nothing. I can put a dvd drive in a computer, but looking at memory on newegg.com confuses the heck out of me with all the crazy numbers and words.

So can someone on here point me to what I need to get, like so-&-so memory from newegg...i hear it is a lot cheaper than buying from best buy or something.

I want to use it for...internet, burning dvds, playing games like a roller coaster tycoon 3(so semi-good graphics card), word processing and just other normal uses.

I already have a dvd-rom drive, dvd burner, monitor, printer, keyboard, mouse, speakers, software, firewire ports(if i can move them from my old computer to this one) so i'm just looking for the actual computer hardware. I would like to spend around $400 for all the rest of the parts. Is that dreaming or is that reasonable.

I don't need crazy stuff like 4 gb of memory and what not.
Around a 2-2.5ghz processor should be fine(i think, am i wrong?), 1-2gb of memory, 100-140gb hard drive, pretty decent video card, i don't know what else I need...Anyways you get the gist of what I am looking for...nothing super, but fairly decent.

If someone could build me one that would be GREAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom