Help me build my girlfriend's computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha sounds good! I read up on the student Vista discount and I guess I just need to talk to my school about it...just in case anyone has actually done this before, any idea as to who I'd talk to about it at my university?

And one final question, will my 450w Corsair PSU be able to supply the HD 4830/Wolfdale/everything else?

Yeah it will power your 4830 no problem. My Antec has 380 watts and it powers my crossfire 4830 set up just fine.

What do you guys think about the case I've picked out? In terms of airflow, size factor, looks?

Steel, its really strong, but it'd get hot when it comes to having a lot of hot stuff in it....
(also heavy...)

Check out a case that's Aluminum, it won't conduct heat and its pretty light weight..

A couple of nice budget cases, Coolermaster 690, Coolermaster centurion, Antec 300

Think I'll go with the Centurion - that's what I'll be using for my own computer as well, they look like nice cases.

Think this would be the way to go for a GPU?
Powercolor 4830 HD

If I can do a little better for the same or less price range, you good people let me know!

Check out a case that's Aluminum, it won't conduct heat and its pretty light weight..

I think you mean will conduct more heat Aluminium cases act as one big heatsink aswell as being lighter then steel. Main flaw its not quite as strong so whilst most cases 0.8mm to 1mm thickness steel panels a good quality Aluminium case is normaly 2mm panels

This computer will get you some at first....but after that say goodbye to your gf! :)

Agreed on the antec 300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom