Help me build a Gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Villagepeople

Beta member
Hello, about two months ago, I wanted to buy a fast computer to do daily activities, so I bought one at walmart. Now I would like to have a "decent" gaming computer, and since I don't know too much about this, I was wondering if you could help me:silly:

Well, first of all, this are my PC's specifications:

AMD Phenom II X2 511 dual-core processor
3.40GHz, 2MB L2 Cache

5 GB of DDR3 SDRAM system memory

750GB SATA hard drive

HP 23" WLED monitor
ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics with up to 2431MB Total Available

Site: HP Desktop PC and Monitor Bundle - Walmart.com

I wouldn't like to play high performance games like crysis 2 because I have an XBOX 360, and I play it there and some games too. I would like to play games like just exclusive for PC, like GMod. I bought Gmod, but I must to play in dxlevel at 8.1 and its a little laggy when there is fire or explosions:cry:

I would also like to be able to play games on the dolphin emulator, I own a Wii, but i don't like the graphics on my HD TV, and I was playing SSBB on the emulator and the graphics were amazing (compared to playing on the TV), but yes it was very laggy and slow.

Well, guys could you tell me how to improve my computer? I don't know too much about computers, but I guess I am able to install a graphics card and stuff if I know which ones to buy.

My first questions to consider are:
- Could you tell me like which graphics card to buy from Amazon.com?
I have some gift card credit there so I would like to buy from there if possible.

- The ATI thing is the graphics card and the AMD is the processor right?
It really confuses me :crazy:

- Do I need to buy a new processor too for a decent gaming PC?
Like a quad core chipset?

- If I buy a new graphics card is it true that I need to upgrade my power supply too?

Please take some few minutes reading what I just wrote, If you can help me I'll be very appreciated :silly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom