**(help Me***

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRUCEG

Baseband Member
Well right now I have crappy onboard video! I'm getting a GeForce 5200 (I think) tommorow...jsut wondering exactly how I install everyhting. Its going to be in an AGP slot (I have no PCI) so after i put the grafic card in my comp then what to do from there?

Thanks

By pressing Delete or F1 until you get to your CMOS screen, you start hitting the button as soon as you turn power on.

Be careful, My guess is you don't even know what the CMOS is.

GoodNews101 said:
Well you are going to have to go into your BIOS first and disable your onboard graphics.

You sure you have to disable the onboard graphics? When i installed my 6600 i never had to disable the onboard graphics. I just plugged in the videocard and it booted up then after i installed the drivers. Maybe my mobo automaticlly disabled my onboard graphix bcause i never did.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL said:
You sure you have to disable the onboard graphics? When i installed my 6600 i never had to disable the onboard graphics. I just plugged in the videocard and it booted up then after i installed the drivers. Maybe my mobo automaticlly disabled my onboard graphix bcause i never did.

For some motherboards you do, however it is always a good idea to check anyways.

Its going to be in an AGP slot (I have no PCI)

I'm guessing this is reversed. Easy enough to do... trust me.

Anyway, once you get to your onboard settings in the bIOS, set the memory allocated to it (onboard graphics) to 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom