Help! Major upgrade needed on Inspiron 531 to Minor Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, thanks for that..!

Also, having trouble trying to find any cpu coolers with the correct socket (on Amazon, I can find them on scan though it's). Am I right in thinking that it needs to be compatible with the Socket 1155?

1155 and 1156 have the same hole spacing making them backwards compatible (what works for one will work for the other).

Apologies for double posting, though I'm on a device in which the edit function doesn't work. The motherboard would support a 64 bit OS would it not? And are there any advantages with using a higher or lower bit OS?

Apologies for double posting, though I'm on a device in which the edit function doesn't work. The motherboard would support a 64 bit OS would it not? And are there any advantages with using a higher or lower bit OS?

The edit feature only allows edits within the first 24 hours so you are fine.

It is the CPU that does or does not support 64-bit. If you are talking about the 2500 or any other new CPU then yes it does support 64-bit computing.

That is totally up to you. An OEM version cannot legally be moved to a different motherboard, while a retail version can. If you plan on staying with this for a while then an OEM version will work well for you, but if you plan on moving on to new hardware in the foreseeable future you will want a retail license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom