Hello all, and PP Mquire especially.
I have an older motherboard that cannot be upgraded much more and need advise on how to get rid of lag.
Current game: Guild Wars 2 - I am averaging 10-12 fps
Windows XP - (Windows 7 Pro should come in the mail in a week)
1 ULT31841 Ultra / V-Series / 500-Watt / ATX / 120mm Fan / 20/24-Pin / SATA Ready / Power Supply
ABIT KN8 NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express x16 / Gigabit LAN / S/PDIF / USB 2.0 / Serial ATA / RAID
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ 2.21ghz
GPU - 8800 GT 512mb PCI-E x16
IDE Hard Drive
Wireless G net card, WIreless N router, 25mbps X-Finity connection
• LCD Technology - The VIZIO VO22L has significantly less reflection and glare which makes this television ideal in any room lighting situations.
• High Definition Television - the VO22L offers HD formats and an integrated standard and high definition NTSC/ATSC/clear QAM digital tuner including 1080i and 720P. This will give you the full ability to enjoy the high definition content offered by your satellite and cable providers.
• 5ms Response Time - Vizio LCD HDTVs have super fast LCD response times allowing for faster refresh rates while maximizing clarity in quick action scenes.
• Designed for Maximum Versatility - VIZIO's VO22L LCD HDTV is equipped with a wide range of input and interfaces. From the first industry supported all digital AV interface, the HDMI connector, to the PC-input, and the YPbPr Connectors, we have it all. Just plug it in.
1) Do you think that going to Windows 7 will increase the FPS to a playable rate without any more upgrades? (most ideal scenario)
2) Is my tv/monitor holding me back?
3) Sun Microsystems V40z - Sun Microsystems SunFire V40z 4 x 2.6GHz AMD Opteron 16GB RAM
Would this be my cheapest foundation to build a new PC with? Can it even be done? Would my graphic's card work? Would Windows 7 Pro work?
4) Would this be a better route? AMD FX 8120 Eight Core CPU 16GB DDR3 RAM ASRock SATA6 USB3 DVI AM3 Motherboard | eBay
5) This? Desktop PC - Phenom II X2 555 3.2Ghz 500gb Radeon HD 6gb DDR3 Memory
6) Theres so many to choose between =( Dell Computer Fast Intel E8200 Dual Core, HDD 750GB, Memory 6GB - New
There are SO many options out there that I seriously need yalls expertise as I am dabbling in something that is not my forte. ANY help will most certainly be appreciated. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.