Help on Intels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
OK so ive never had an intel processor in my life and never planned on havbing one. Until i accidentally clicked on CPU instead of VGA charts on tomshardware and noticed All of Intels Conroes topping the charts. Then i looked and are to expensive.

I was looking to buy a Single core 3500 or 3800 AM2 from AMD.

Do intel do a chip which is similar price but slightly faster speed.

Im asking because i dont understand all the Pentium D and Pentium M and Core 2 Duo. Its confusing me a bit :confused:

Thanks

The Core 2 Duo is the way to go. Even the E6300, the lowest model will outperform those two processors you listed from AMD. I'd stay away from the other Pentiums though.

Not really, The E6300 is about $180.00 USD. The AMD 939s are super cheap now, but that's for a reason, they simply aren't on top anymore.

saltynay said:
lol thats cos your american this guy is english and the price for the uk is around £110 as we get extra charges which scks as bt oh well.

Matt

I no it sucks so badly ... at 110 pounds they are pretty much double the price and i just cant afford it :( because im spending the money on a X1950PRO

j369852147412 said:
techinically i could overclock to the same ghz of the 6700, but the 6700 still has the 4 mb l2 cache as opposed to the 6300's 2mb.

The 4mb l2 cache doesn't help that much currently, and plus you'll have a faster FSB with an OC'ed 6300 at 6700 speeds, so that'll pretty much make up for the loss in cache if not be faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom