Help installing my hard drives to new machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakhir

Solid State Member
Hello
I have recently purchased a second hand computer, and have been trying to set it up with windows xp. However before I get anyware with the windows installation, it tells me I have no hard drive/s installed. I open my system and check, both my SATA seagate baracuda 120gig hard drives ARE connected to the motherboard with the SATA cables etc. Now whenever I turn on my pc, it goes through the loading process and ends up with the startup line "verifying DMI Pool Data...." and the computer stops and does nothing from here. This has happened several times. So I figure I need to setup my two hard drives propperly.

When I was sold the PC, I was given two floppy disks named "Serial ATA driver - non RAID" and "Serial ATA drivers for RAID". I guess I want the RAID setup, so what do I do? I have tried inserting these disks, and I always end up with the "veryifying DMI Pool Data..." end in the startup. I have also tried pressing F6 repeatedly during startup to try and install these drivers, but no luck and the above ensues.

So I need help.

I am trying to run an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ with an Abit NF7 motherboard and 2x 120 gig seagate baracuda hard drives.

Any suggestions appreciated, and will reply promptly with any information you may require.

Thanks in advance..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom