HELP!!! I need to replace a low profile pcie video card for dell slimline c251.

Status
Not open for further replies.

user56

Beta member
did lots of online/ in store research but can't locate a low profile pcie video card with compatible power supply specs 250-280 Watts for slimline dell pc. could also use pci low profile video card with same power supply specs . all the video cards i've checked out require min. 300W. Where can I find one w/in 250-280W? Tried dell, they have the replacement part, but, because it's so "rare" they want $219. urrrrrrrrrgh! also, is the watt requirement that critical? tech support person i'm using thinks i need the new card because i can't get a display screen on my monitor ie. originally intermittant screen w/ error message:"cannot display this video mode"., now completely gone screen. no usual usgage. any suggestions, thx!

Do you have access to another computer? You can toss the suspect card into the other one to confirm if its broken.

If the card says 300, its usually a high estimate.. What card do you have now?

And welcome to the forum.

thx 4 the suggestion but Dell very cleverly built the card onto to motherboard, so it's not removable. pretty frustrating, w/o a screen how can anyone diagnos whether the "suspect" card is the issue if it can't be tested on another computer? it's a hindsight 20/20 vision thing. can't believe this is so hard to solve. will never buy dell again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom