Help with graphics card!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalikingsmoke

Solid State Member
So I've been looking for days. I what to upgrade my graphics card. I've never done this before. What do you need to know to help me find what will work with my pc?? Here's all I know currently it has a intergrated ati x200. It has ddr2 ram. N that's all I know. Just tell me how to get more info from my pc n I will. I'm really stuck and really lost in desperate need of help!!!

the power sticker if im correct says 300w max output.

the model # is ... well im not sure what to put.... Monitoring
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mainboard Model Asterope3 (0x00000376 - 0x03F21674)

or hewleet- packard or intel pentium d 820.

i wasnt exactly what to put from cpuz.

i was looking at this graphics card on bestbuy... MSI - ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 Graphics Card - R4350-MD512

is there better in my price range?? plus im not even sure what will work.

my budget is about 40-50 $.... maybe 60 at the max but i wanna try and stay in the 40-50 range.

im looking for something were i could play my games smooth and maybe at high levels. i mostly play the sims 3... rollercoaster tycoon 3. fallout 3 or fallout new vagas.

Look at the back of your computer for your model number please. But if your PSU has a MAX of 300w, you have to upgrade that before you do anything else.

well this looks exactly like my motherboard... HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, RC410-M (Asterope3) - c00783614 - HP Business Support Center

and really i have to upgrade the power supply??? not even the card i mentioned above will work???
I have an older HP with a 300W. I added an extra HD, WiFi Card and stuffed it with RAM.

I put in a GTS 250 and have had no problems. Be certain to check the Mfg's Website for their recommendations but I think you can get by with a low powered Graphic Card without buying a new Power Supply.

HP expects that you will upgrade your Graphics Card just do NOT buy a new high powered one.

with your present power supply there is no way we can guarantee that any recommended video card will work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom