Help with graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowridercrimson

Solid State Member
does anyone know of a good graphics card that can run halo 2 vista and is kind of cheap? I just bought halo 2 vista a couple weeks ago and i couldn't even play it because my graphics card is an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950. I cant even sell it at EB Games because of some serial code thing lol. well thnx for the help

I'm no expert but you should be able to get some cards at that price. My Geforce 7600gs can run Halo 2 fine on max settings. My friend has a 7300 and i couldn't tell much difference.

7600gs is going for about £40 at the moment ($80)
7300 is going for £30 ($60)

If you bought a cheaper card you might not be able to run it on the highest settings, but it should run fine.

what kind of system do you have? bought or built? what kind of mobo does it have? AGP, PCI, or PCI-E? how big of a power supply does it have? if you can answer those, then we might be abl to help you out with more effectiveness in finding the right part for your needs.

i have windows vista. Its bought. dont know about the motherboard but the proccesor is an Intel Pentium 4 cpu 3.20 GHz. 512 ram. chip type is Intel 82945G express chipset family. 32 bit. DAC type Internal. System model is an T5088. Thats about all i could find out most of it is off dxdiag

Your computer has a PCI-Express slot so your gonna want one of thoes videocards.

I suggest you get a 7300GT or a 7600GS or 7600GT all from nvdia.
Normally i would suggest some ati cards as well but they tend to be more power hungry and your computer's power supply might not cut it. Make sure its PCI-Express.

also it wouldn't hurt to get a little bit more memory. You should get another 512mb of ram for better vista performance.

Your computer has a PCI-Express slot so your gonna want one of thoes videocards.

I suggest you get a 7300GT or a 7600GS or 7600GT all from nvdia.
Normally i would suggest some ati cards as well but they tend to be more power hungry and your computer's power supply might not cut it. Make sure its PCI-Express.

also it wouldn't hurt to get a little bit more memory. You should get another 512mb of ram for better vista performance.

ok thanks for the help. i was planning on buyin either 512 or 1gb more RAM too :happy:
also should i get a 64-bit graphics card or 128-bit or something

hmm there are videocards that are 128mb and 256mb, more memory helps with bigger resolutions. 512mb is too much for these cards to handle though so i suggest get 256mb, 512mb if its just little more expensive but if you got no choice then pick a 128mb card but it should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom