Help getting sand on my bridge plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry5739

In Runtime
So I'm looking to build a new PC and I currently have a case, 2.5 inch SSD, and CD ROM. So i will not need a case or HDD or CD rom when i purchase this build.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Sandybridge intels, so my question is:
Can anyone help me get a newegg shopping cart together for an intel build under 500 bucks?

A mediocre video card will suffice, most of my use will be just programming (visual studio, SQLserver and such)

Thanks so much everyone !

You WILL want to get a hard drive. Running all programs off the SSD will become a nuisance. Running just the OS and most used programs off of the SSD is ideal, and having a secondary storage hard drive, will be best. That what you don't have to constantly delete files and write to the SSD.

For the cheapest DUAL core Sandy Bridge, you're looking to spend at least $200 for just the CPU and motherboard. The cheapest quad is $190 alone.

^_^ I like it, those are some good bundles. I have a 120gb HDD laying around and a 6600gt that I could throw in until I can upgrade. Thanks a million.

Not sure you'll need a 2500k if all you do is code, but good to be future proof. Also, are you comfortable with overclocking? Only get the k series if you're ok with the OC, which btw I think you should always do.

It's only about $20 more to get the K series and have the option to overclock. It's worth it, even if you don't overclock now, in a couple years when you think you need another upgrade you'll have one with a simple overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom