HELP! Gaming on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what a budget. :p

Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
Newegg.com - ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
For gaming, 4GB of RAM will be plenty. If you want to do other things that require a lot of RAM, you could go ahead and get 8GB. 2X2GB = 4GB Ooh, 8GB for $60 with a promo code...
1TB Caviar Black Hard Drive, feel free to get multiple if you plan on doing a RAID setup.
ATi Radeon HD 6870 (You could go with an additional one if you plan on a multi-monitor setup)
CD/DVD Drive
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Newegg.com - PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 950W High Performance 80PLUS Silver SLI CrossFire ready Power Supply (to other users helping: please say if this is a good PSU, I know PC Power and Cooling is usually good, but I just want to make sure. :p)

I think that would come out at $1300, or around that. That's just the tower.

OS: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...cm_re=Windows_7_64-bit-_-32-116-986-_-Product (or Professional, or Ultimate, though those are a bit more expensive)
Monitor: (3 needed for 3-monitor Eyefinity, which helps a lot in FPS's and with multi-tasking) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009255

And, if you want to, get a new keyboard, mouse, speakers, and surge protector, but it's at $1850 (with dual 6870s and RAID) right now. You do have a keyboard, mouse, etc. already, right?

"You do have a keyboard, mouse, etc. already, right?"

All but some speakers which isn't a difficulty.

"You do have a keyboard, mouse, etc. already, right?"

All but some speakers which isn't a difficulty.
Okay, then I think that should be good.

That's the best one that I could come up with for under $2000 with 3 monitors.

If you don't have room for 3 monitors, or prefer 1 monitor, then you could save money/get a better frame rate by getting just one monitor, and getting a single, more powerful graphics card. Maybe even get an SSD for your operating system (really fast boot times).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom