Help With First Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobe99

Baseband Member
i dont think anybody needs that sound card. perhaps, if it was somehow critical, a xonar would do: Newegg.com - ASUS XONAR_DG 5.1 Channels PCI Interface Xonar DG Sound Card
$35

im not liking that motherboard... maybe someone will say they do, or that msi is a good choice but i think youre better sticking with asus and gigabyte. same for the ram, go with a more mainstream brand.

maybe: Newegg.com - ASUS P8P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
$155

and: Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
$70

someone can correct me, but i think that 750 W is more than you need by a lot. probably 650 W will be plenty.

1) You're getting the Win7 upgrade. Unless you already have a retail version of XP or Vista that isn't currently being used, or an OEM license tied to that motherboard, then you're better off just buying a new OEM version.

2) Nothing wrong with a 750w, but why not spend a few $ more for a more efficient one? PC Power and Cooling 750w 80+ Silver $89.99 w/MiR. Also a single 12v rail, but that may just be personal preference.

3) The stock 2500k HS/F can take OC-ing to 3.7-4.0GHz, the H50 is unnecessary unless you plan on going much higher, though I'm not sure how much higher you can go with that particular cooler.

4) G.Skill Ripjaws X $10 more, just saying.

The only suggestion I have is go with the i7 2600k. The i5 2500k does not support hyperthreading. You could drop the corsair h50 to help off shoot the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom