help with fan speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecthelion

Baseband Member
i have 2 Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120 R4-L2R-20AR-R1 120mm Silent operation Red LED case fan in my CM storm scout side panel for about a year and im finaly geting around to them

my MoBo Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard not counting the cpu fan it has 3 fan power plug in's. two 3pin and one 4 pin and i have no control over any but the cpu fan. the 3pin ones run the fans at full rpm and the noise is way to loud for me but my 4pin runs one of the fans at 950-1000rpm and its much better so after a year of 1 faning it im looking into geting the other going tho im alittle lost on what way would be best

Newegg.com - GELID Solutions 350 mm PWM Y Cable Model CA-PWM then just plug it into the 1 4pin but im unsure if 1 fan power plug would power the 2 fans at the 1000rpm that it runs the 1 fan at

or one of these
Newegg.com - ZALMAN FAN MATE 2 Fan Controller
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK CSF-CBK33-U01 Mono-Cool Fan Controllerfor the other fan and have one run off the 4pin and 1 off a 3pin with a controller

true it would be easiest it can be just another point of failure so thats why im asking about the Y cable... if the Y cable can work id much rather get it. and thats why im here asking for help because if it cant id much rather know before i spend the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom