HELP, emergency monitor upgrade, i repeat emergency monitor upgrade!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
OK my best friends monitor has just crashed on her. It's been going black and turning itself off for the last week or so...now it's died...

So we need a 19" monitor, preferably widescreen. Haven't got a lot of cash since this was unexpected. I've found two in her price range, one has a lot of positive reviews, one has none but i know in general it's a more respectful brand...

OK this one is from Cibox, only costs £100 which is great, 19" widescreen and has about 10 5 star reviews, nothing negative from this site anyway:

19" Cibox C1905 Widescreen TFT 5ms - Aria Technology

Other one is from Asus, again 5ms response time, costs £117, we really don't want to go above this amount.

19" Asus VW195S Widescreen 5ms - Aria Technology

i'm not great with the little differences like aspect ratio and all that, cibox says 700:1 while Asus says 800:1, when you click on more info the Asus says 2000:1 but i think that's the sites own error since it sounds way too big.

Ok so if anyone can tell us ASAP which is the better choice or if there's no real difference that would be great, gotta get this ordered ASAP!!:D:D

if the ASUS is 2000:1 ratio then it will provide you with better colors. so i suggest going with ASUS coz i havent heard of the other brand.

First do not bump your topics in under 24 hours. If this was a real emergency you would not have known about it for the past week. You just thought you could hold it off for longer. ;)

Asus all the way.

sorry....:eek:( if there was a bowing emote i would have used it)

Ok then tyvm. Urm... do you know if Aria's own brand monitors would be any good? Not sure if she can go two extra days without a monitor but it says the Arianet premium monitor has a 2ms response time( smallest is best right?) and 1000:1 ratio thing which beats the Asus( it's 800:1 not 2000:1) and it's the same price:

19" Arianet Premium Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black - Aria Technology

i don't mind giving unknown brands a try...

i don't mind giving unknown brands a try...

until you call them up for support and they say "lcd monitor? i thought we made thermostats..."

also, apparently contrast ratios arent standard, so one companys 800:1 is anothers 1200:1, not that you can see the difference anyways...

LMAO! yeah i guess so, but i've been emailing the aria sales people for another reason( gonna be buying loads of parts, was asking a few details about em) and the guys there seemed really friendly so if it went wrong at least i know there customer support looks ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom