Help with computer parts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamdisturbed764

Baseband Member
Hi, I have a $850 budget for a computer mainly for games, but I have a real problem I can't find a <u>good</u> barebones kit, that is an AMD based plz help me with this search and if you find a good one plz post it. I also have another question could you plz try to find the other parts I need to build this beaste. This is my first build so I am not good at finding parts. Thank you

-Justin

Why do you want a Barebone system?

Its not that hard to put the MB/CPU/PSU/Case together.

The PSU only needs 4 screws that are placed on the outside of the case.

The motherboard simply needs to be mounted.

For the CPU you have to open the lever place the CPU according to the golden triangle, pull the lever down, place the heatsink/fan on top, push it down, and pull the lock and your done.

The most motherboards come with step by step directions with pictures.

Someone told me to get a barebones kit because there cheaper to build, and since im a newb at building then i will break something if i dont get one
also what doesnt mean to ground yourself before building i don't get it?

I think that using a berebones isn't much different than buing a pre-built PC. Building a computer to me is all about being able to choose the components that suit me. When you buy a barebones you limit those choices, to a certain degree. As already mentioned, MBs come with pretty implicit instructions and there are a ton of decent tutorials out there to use as a guide. For myself, half the fun is in researching and selectiong my components. Not dissing anyone who chooses the barebones path, just want to say they don't know what they are missing.

i think by grounding they mean to earth any static electricity that might have build up in/on you - and you have to earth it so it doesnt damage the PC's components.

Minus the printer and display, I have around $1300 in the build. The 3800 CPU is the bottom of the Dual Core CPUs and cost over $300 about anywhere you look. I have only been running this comp about a week, and thus far it has exceeded even my highest expectations.

A barebone is more expensive.

I would stick with single core if your gaming. I would upgrade to a dual core next year when you can actually use it for more than a couple games. The price will go down much more also.

The price difference is almost the same as buying a 6800GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom