help with choosin a CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lateralus

Solid State Member
Hey guys.
I am in the proses of makin myself a new Pc but when i got to the stage of choosing a Cpu im kinda getin confused. cuz there are soo manny diffrent types out there. im kinda lookin betwene the Amd AMD Athlon 64 3700+ and the AMD Opteron 248.
but im willing 2 change. the main uses of the PC will b gaming and some more gaming

A duel core prosesor is out of my buget. all i have 2 spend is like $1300 AUD. Ty 4 the link :p

The 3700+ is a fantastic processor, but the Opteron out performs it, atleast that is what all of the information I have read about them both leads too. If you have the cash to do it, I would recommend the Opteron 250, but the 148 is also **** good.

If you do end up getting an Opteron, I would like to know which motherboard you are going to get with it and how it performs. I hope that what I have said will be of some help. Cheers.

Yea i wish i can Go duel core.. but i dont have anny DVD/Hdd's spare 2 use.. but ill gladley take a look at nitestick specs n have a good look. cuz even if i do have 2 buy them like he said they wuda droped by a bit laltley

i forgot to mention though the 250gb hdd and raptor were purchased later. the power supply was an additional $130 au on top of the case but you could probably live on the psu that comes with the case for a while to give you extra money to play around with. i think you can save something like $30-$50 if you get a mambo case instead. check out nitek.com.au and pccasegear.com.au. if you get 1gb of ram you could probably cut about $90 or so dollars off what i paid for my ram.

yea. i just had a little play around n this is what i have come up with. please give possitave and negitave feadback to this please. i dont wona wast my money

AMD Athlon™ 64 3800+ Processor Retail (939) Dual Core
ASUS A8N-SLI nForce 4 SLI Socket 939
1024M (2X512Mb,1G Kit)PC3200 DDR RAM Kingston/Kingmax
Maxtor 80G 7200rpm ATA133(8M cache)
Sapphire Radeon X800-GTO2 256meg PCI Express TVout / DVI
LG DVD16X+- Super Multi DVD Rewriter with Software(DUAL LAYER Black )4167BBK
CoolerMaster Cavalier 3 Aluminum Case Bezel Black with 350W

Total of $1401.
so that leaves me over. i think ima need 2 make some sacrifices somewhere. so ima need some help choosin some cheaper parts..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom