Help Choose a Processor and Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTruGambitX

Beta member
I'm looking at a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ440 right now. I have the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7200 (2GHz) selected, but I'm not sure whether or not to select the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7400 (2.16GHz) for an extra $200. The standard they start me off at is Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5500 (1.66GHz). If I selected the T5500, it would subtract $350. I'm buying this for when I go off to college, I wont be doing too much gaming on it, so I was wondering what would be the best selection for value. I'm not sure how much of a difference there is between the 3 processors that I have put up. Even though it still is a core duo, will a T5500 be slow still basically?

And on a second note, if I do select the T7200, my specifications will come out to be:
Sony Vaio VGN-SZ440
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7400 (2.16GHz)
2 GB DDR-SDRAM (DDR2-533, 1 GBx2)
160 GB Hard Disk Drive
13.3" WXGA Display With XBRITEâ„¢ Technology
MOTION EYE Camera
DVD+-R DL_DVD+-RW_DVD-RAM Drive
Integrated Biometric Fingerprint Sensor
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
2 Year Express Ship Service Plan for Notebooks
for a price of $2075.99.
Does anyone know any other laptops that can get me basically the same specs for a cheaper price or better specs for the same price? The only that drives me towards this is because it's a Sony, Fingerprint Sensor, and the screen size, but that is not a big deal because I will be getting a HDTV/Monitor.

well as you said your not going to be using it for gaming so the most strain your going to put on the system is multi-tasking. you could make do with one gb of ram. 100gb of hdd space. the fingerprint scanners are suppose to be quite rubbish but your choice. Decide what the exact usage of the laptop will be then then you can easily figure out what components you need

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom