Help buying p4 cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

technewbie

Beta member
I'm looking at upgrading my computer so it can TRY to handle newer games. So I thought that I would upgrade my processor from a celeron d 1.8ghz to a pentium 4. Now I found a great deal I think, but I don't know if it is to good of a deal and whether my motherboard will support it. Here is a link to the website...

http://www.starmicro.net/detail.aspx?ID=116

What do you think is it to good to be true?

Now will my motherboard support it? Because my motherboard says it supports FSB to 533mzh and 800mhz if overclocking. So do I have to go with the 533mhz version.

Ok, so I finally found a list of tested processors on the manufacturers page and didn't even find a p4 with 2.6 at 800mhz. Only at 533mhz. Is that website a scam?

CPU-Z

If you want to be able to play future games too I do not recommend getting that P4 at all. Even if you were to get the EE version it will not even pass a base C2D E6300 at all. I've seen and done the tests it blew my old EE out of the water.

I'm downloading the program now. I would like to get an AMD processor but that would mean a new motherboard, and right now I'm just trying to upgrade with the least amount of money as possible. Besides I just got a new motherboard. I'm not talking about new games like all the all the RPG and first person shooters that require a lot, but just some more simple games like CoD and morrowind. Ok its downloaded so what do I do.

technewbie said:
I'm downloading the program now. I would like to get an AMD processor but that would mean a new motherboard, and right now I'm just trying to upgrade with the least amount of money as possible. Besides I just got a new motherboard. I'm not talking about new games like all the all the RPG and first person shooters that require a lot, but just some more simple games like CoD and morrowind. Ok its downloaded so what do I do.

Um...install it and give us the specs...

Give us a budget= Max u want to spend.

Ok but what specs, there seems to be a bunch of different tests to do. Do you want me to do them all????

technewbie said:
Ok but what specs, there seems to be a bunch of different tests to do. Do you want me to do them all????

Go to "computer" then "summary" and it will list all your computer specs like mboard, cpu, graphics card (video adapter), memory etc

Also go to "computer" "mboard" and "mboard" again and find out what cpu socket you take...spend some time learning the program...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom