help with buliding computer for parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazza

In Runtime
ok, heres the deal guys; my parents are running a medion 7odd year old computer, and its not so great. we are talking p4 1.8 256mb ram. tis time for an upgrade and i want to get some opinions/advice. i havent really been listening out or paying any attention to whats hot and whats not in the proccessor world, so im not sure whats happening. but i do know that im thinking over 3ghz intel, 1 gb ram. i dunno what happening in the world about dual cores etc so if someone could fill me in i would appreciate it! so really i want a shopping list, preferably from ebuyer as im in uk and i trust them, of a cpu, mobo and ram. the pooter is basically used for word processing and internet surfing, so we dont need to worry about overclockability etc lol.

thanks guys!

get an 3800x2. the prices were just lowered so if you use taht it will cost a little more than a 3.2 intel.

hmm, good idea, i spose if we look at the price of upgraded components compared to just buying a new system(with garuntee aswell), its probably worth just going with the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom