Help Building A Computer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UniBroke

Solid State Member
Hi I'm UniBroke.. My name basically explains my situation. I just graduated from High School.. and am going to uni. So basically I'm broke as ****..

I like playing MMORPGs all the time, and thats basically it. I have a PS3 for all my other gaming needs.

Highest spec game I'll play would be Age of Conan, and Sims 3, and that's not saying much.

So... I was wondering if someone could help me build a new computer. The computer I'm using now is horrible, but has lasted me and satisfied all my gaming needs:

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2666 MHz (20 x 133)
Motherboard Name IBM 8187NUA
Motherboard Chipset Intel Springdale-G i865G
System Memory 512 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (01/29/04)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 (Microsoft Corporation) (64 M
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
Monitor SyncMaster 2043NW/2043NWX [NoDB] (HVKQ800425)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3]

Storage:
IDE Controller Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 24DB
SCSI/RAID Controller A3ZVAS5X IDE Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive WDC WD400BB-23DEA0 (37 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive JLMS XJ-HD166S (16x/48x DVD-ROM)
Optical Drive KVS WHMFS1UZ49QN SCSI CdRom Device
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

My budget is like $400 Canadian. University really torn holes in my pocket.. any cheaper then $400 is great because I'll have money for food, and my GF. Haha.

I'm no extreme gamer obviously.. but I really enjoy MMOs like Mabinogi, and Dungeon and Fighter.

If the computer can be better then:
Newegg.com - Gateway DX4800-05e Pentium dual-core E5200(2.50GHz) 6GB DDR2 640GB NVIDIA GeForce 9200 Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit - Desktop PCs
and cheaper.
I'd be very happy.

I was told to come here.. kind of shy because of my poor request.
I know I can handle putting together the computer.. if I have struggles - I have many friends that can help me.
I've helped do it couple times before.

$400CAD is basically my budget.

Thank you very much if you can help me. :)

Beating that computer won't be terribly difficult. I built a machine like yours with less ram for less than that a year and a half ago, and am still using it.

This barebone was posted a few days ago on Tigerdirect and it is better in my opinion:
Asus M2N68-AM SE2 Barebone Kit - GeForce 7025, AMD Phenom X4 9600, 4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800, 750GB HDD, Samsung DVDRW, ATX Case, 500W PSU ASUS M2N68-AM SE2, X4 9600, 4-750, DVDRW,500W at TigerDirect.com

I'd spec out a system step by step but I just worked the night shift and am exhausted. Needless to say it won't be hard, and the people here who know alot more than me will spec you out a dozen systems and spend countless forum pages arguing about power supplies. The endless cycle.

Oh my gosh. I didn't notice there was a Canadian site. That makes a big difference - less shipping.

So I guess I should just wait it out till a pro comes in here?
Heh.

I'm getting kind of excited now, lol.

can you check to see how much tax you have to pay on the newegg.ca site?

this will give a better idea as to how much money you actually have to work with, unless you exclude the shipping from the $400 CAD budget.

It won't let me put in my zip. I guess shipping is added to my total. Maybe I can force my parents to helping.. but doubt it.
Blah. I might get more money soon though.
So if the shipping isn't too high, then I'm fine.

Uh guys. I kind of want to be a bugger.. or a nuisance or anything.. but.. uh. I kind of still need help...
Uh thanks.
Sorry for the triple post..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom