help a builder out

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITZBVAN005

In Runtime
ok this not my first time buidling a pc but lately i have been experincing some problems i have never encountered before when building pcs i get that the pc is now entering power saving mode what does this mean?it wont even boot up it just goes like into a sleep mode and only way to get it out of it is to shut it off.what can i do to fix this problem i need help ASAP

check all your cables and connections... sounds like something is not conected all the way. if you have a floppy, check that. I know I have the hardest time trying to get those stupid pins to line up sometimes... if not then check all the connections again... then reseat your video card and try again.... if not then reset the CMOS (pull the battery if need be for about 15 minutes or so) the try again...

do u think a 550 watt psu will be enuff to power a video card thats 128 mb,a fd,a dvd burner,and a cd burner the processor is a amd sempron 64 bit

yes I have a 550 watt PSU and 2 dvd writers, 2 hard drives, 1 floppy drive, PCI card and a 6800GT. So yes your PSU should be fine.

Go back to basics unplug everything then slowly bit by bit add things. Add video card and ram then turn on. check if that works. If it does then proceed adding wires. Make sure your USB wires are correctly positioned, so not upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom