Help Budget Gaming Rig $500-$600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takasniper

Solid State Member
Hi all been looking threw the forums and this forum has alot of information. I was wondering if someone could assist me in finding the right pieces for my build. I would like to play Final Fantasy 11 on max settings and also run Starcraft 2 when it comes out. I also need the rig to be able to run 2 Final Fantasy accounts at the sametime as it would make it easier to duo box on 2 screens. My budget is around $500-$600 and I plan on running XP or Window 7. Let me know what ideas you have thank you.

45nm chip, three cores, and can be over clocked to 3.3ghz~.

4Gigs of ram and a 4870.

Trust me you'll be fine for quite a while.

Thanks for all the help and fast replies. I guess my last question would be I would like to keep this rig running cool, should I invest a little bit more money and add a liquid cool unit to the rig?

Liquid cooling is not price efficient. The money you'd spend on it garnishes more power gain from merely purchasing better parts.

Water Cooling is abserdly expensive and the difference is not nearly as good. Most people who watercool have already explored other avenues of upgrade and expansion.

In addition, its really not a good idea to use those pre-made kits, and I still wouldn't recommend it if you are new to building a rig.

In addition, its really not a good idea to use those pre-made kits, and I still wouldn't recommend it if you are new to building a rig.

Except for microcenter. Their barebone kits are preassbembled. Cpu/MB/HS/RAM, very easy for someone new to the computer building world. I mean, very new. If you can handle building your own, I'd also reccomend doing it.

Edit: Or were you refering to WC kits?

Except for microcenter. Their barebone kits are preassbembled. Cpu/MB/HS/RAM, very easy for someone new to the computer building world. I mean, very new. If you can handle building your own, I'd also reccomend doing it.

Edit: Or were you refering to WC kits?

I was referring to Water Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom