Help with ADSL Router! Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0dge

Hiphopapotamus.
Sup,

I'm trying to sort out a broadband connection through a D-Link DSL-504T Router/switch. Not having much luck.

I've setup the whole thing from start to finish, using the settings provided by my ISP etc, ADSL LED is lit, IP's are all hunky-dory and everything. But it still won't connect to any web page!

The only thing that I can't find an option for that my ISP (Wanadoo - UK) provides a setting for is:

Authentication: CHAP

This is really bugging me guys... Help before I melt.....

B

Is the router actually being found? Or isit not being found at all. I once had a problem like this, it wasnt aquiring network address

Yeah, it's connected ok. can even communicate with it to change settings and stuff. just can't get my pc to access the net through LAN. Whether it's the settings on the router or the comp i don't know.

can you ping a website ie ping www.google.com ? make sure internet explorer is set up to auto detect settings. Can you look at the connections page of your routers setup and see if it has connected?

The router is definately connecting to the outside world, but my comp isn't sharing the connection.

IE is set to Auto Detect.

I don't have any option to ping websites, only IPs.

Reply from 66.102.7.104: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=246
Reply from 66.102.7.104: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=246
Reply from 66.102.7.104: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=246
Reply from 66.102.7.104: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=246

should look something like that. if so you got a problem with internet explorer connection setup because you are online. under connections in internet properties make sure never dial a connection is bulleted. check the lan settings and make sure it is set to auto detect settings and nothing is setup under proxy server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom