help with 1394 Firewire port problem!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

me78

Solid State Member
Hey guys
Been a while since I've been on this site but the last time you guys were really helpfull, so I hope you can do the trick this time. I am currently building a computer for my boss and his wife and have already received the parts and have put together about 95%. Well, when it came down to hooking up the front 1394 port I noticed I couldn't find it on the mother board after some searching. I then scimmed through the motherboard manual I stilled didn't see any explanation of the location. Then ofcourse I ran to my computer and got on newegg to further my research on the mother board that I purchased for my boss(BIOSTAR GeForce6100-939 Micro ATX). Then to my inexperienced surprise I acknowledged that it very well did not have this on the motherboard. I have never used this port in my life and it just so happened to be one of the things my boss's wife wanted on the computer. I just thought it was a standard on motherboards and I knew it was on the front of the case. Now I figured that I would probably have to RMA this thing back to newegg, but if any of you could give me an easy solution it would be greatly appreciated. I wondered if this could be fixed by running to Office Depot and purchasing a PCI card of some type with the FireWire port. I thankyou for any info, I really don't want to hassle with sending this motherboard back and picking out a new one, unless that's my only option. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom