heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaycross

Beta member
ok so my heatsink in my computer died and ive been lookin around the web for a new one because i dont get paid till thursday. now my cpu is a AMD 2800+ and i know its overkill but ive been lookin at the tuniq tower 120... but when it comes to cooling my computer i dont really care at all about overkill. so could someone please tell me if this heatsink would fit my computer, or if there is a better option out there for me... another reason im lookin at this heatsink is beacuse i may upgrade my CPU in the near future and i dont want to have to buy a new heatsink when i do..

thanks in advance for any help

Heatsinks don't die, just replace the Fan on it, using the appropriate size of course.

probably a 80mm, 90mm or 120mm.

Thats the cheapest option.

Now if you want to upgrade, the heatsink choice will really depend on the CPU and motherboard you may upgrade to. That being Said, what do you have in mind? Sticking with same socket and mobo or new CPU and new mobo?

He's right...a heatsink is just a hunk of metal with some pipes and a fan stuck on top. Like he said you could replace the fan for 10 dollars at most.

ok so i now know that i could just buy another fan... but im thinking about overclocking in the future could someone point me in the direction of a good heatsink for this?

i found the thermaltake goldern orb II to be pretty good. im overclocking my E6600 to 2.8Ghz and that fan keeps it a cool 30C.

2800+, as in Socket A? Will a Tuniq even fit a socket A?

Either way, it would be overkill to the max. Any of the older, smaller Zalman would do you good. no sense spending a chunk of change on an older CPU...

2800+, as in Socket A? Will a Tuniq even fit a socket A?

Either way, it would be overkill to the max. Any of the older, smaller Zalman would do you good. no sense spending a chunk of change on an older CPU...
Pretty much my thoughts. If we're talking a Socket A 2800, just replace the fan with a like size, speed ... and start saving for a real upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom