HDD storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
hey people's

i'm looking at getting a new hard drive to add to the one already in my rig, seems stupid but i got most of that 1TB used up so i kind of want a new one (or 2) to add to it

the 3 things i'm looking at is it being reliable, affordable and being on the big size (even though i would go smaller :p)

what i would be putting on to it is all my media (music, vids, pic's ect) there with itunes and maby some games

so what would you guys suggest

I think one of the best big HDDs out there is the WD Caviar Black 1TB. It's around $130 on newegg.
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

There's also the Caviar Green 1TB if you want to save a little energy. Though I doubt it's much of a difference, or so I've read. But it's cheaper.
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Reliability would probably be the WD RE3. But very expensive. So I think the Caviar Black is the best choice. It's in the middle. It's reliable, not that expensive, and has a big capacity like you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom