HD4830 installed, couple of ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkf76

My Swag is on!
Well, I successfully upgraded my video card from an MSI X800XT to an MSI HD 4830OC. I have a mild OC on it at the moment, 600mhz core/1000mhz memory and so far so good. All of my Vista Experience scores are now 5.9 except for my CPU, which is a respectable 4.8.....I plan on upgrading it soon though and hope for a 5.5 or better.

In any case, I noticed that MSI Vivid is nowhere to be found. I'm running CCC v.2008.1028.2134.36851, if that matters. I've gone into the CCC and looked for a Vivid tab but there is none, i've gone into each and every one of the existing tabs and found nothing.

Is Vivid not compatible with Vista? I'm running Home Premium.

Well, I messed around with it a bit and got it to show up.

When I first installed the card, I loaded the driver/CCC from the supplied disc, Vivid didn't show up but I was able to OC.

I upgraded to CCC v.9.2 and it still didn't show up and I wasn't able to OC anymore, the settings just wouldn't take.

I uninstalled all ATI software and did a fresh install, again using the disc as I figured I'd rather be able to OC than to have Vivid. Once it was done, Vivid was there and I am able to OC again. The only hiccup this time is that applied skins come out looking crazy, but that's a non-issue as the "system skin" looks fine.

FYI, Vivid is not a seperate application

You can download and only install the ATI driver and not have to mess with the Catalyst control crap. That let's you use whatever you want with it, plus it is a much smaller download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom