HD Upgrading Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingadilly

Baseband Member
Hello Everyone :)

A Shame To Start my first post with a question but I'm here witha question about a 2nd HDD.

I recently upgraded my comp a notch to the value of about £200.
More RAM, New HDD and new Video card.
I installed everything seperatley and all appeared to be ok

then i decided to have a go at partioning my HDD into 4 parts

That worked (seemed to) ok aswell

Now, I've noticed over the last week that i keep getting lock ups in various apps, explorer, windows media player, firefox etc. Almost any program that i use is now prone to becoming slow (not closing immediatley when clicked) and then freezing and recieving one of those wonderfully helpful " **** has encountered a problem and needs to close"

I suspect RAM maybe the problem but I cant see why :( I suspect that only cos of the broad range of progs that are locking up.

Currently running Win XP SP2
Matsonic MS8188E Board
1024MB DDR RAM
Inno GeForce 6200 Graphics
2 Internal HDD 160Gb and 40Gb running next to each other (due to bay limitations) Both Running as Slave to the optical DVD and CD drives

Looking For Suggestions and ideas as to possible causes to the identity of what i've done wrong :p

Thanks In advance :)

first of all, WELCOME to TECH-FORUMS!

its not your ram because u have 1gb and thats more than enough.
but your hard drives should not be slaves to the cd and dvd drives. the C drive or boot drive should be the master hdd, and the other hdd should be the slave.
one of your cd or dvd drives should be the master and the other should be the slave. make sure all your jumper settings are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom