HD 5850 or GTX 560ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulofadra6on

Baseband Member
So I think it would be more cost efficient to just upgrade my video card rather than replace my whole computer. It will take a month's pay just to do so, and wouldnt even be able to do that until feb due to having other priorities to begin with.

so with my current set up (listed in my signature) do you think it would be worth it to buy

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-N560OC-1GI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I already plan to buy batman, so the free game essentially makes this card around $180. I was looking at the graphics performance list, and the jump from #14 to #8 seems nice on paper, but don't know if it's an actual performance boost.

other games I play that will benefit are:
-wow
-Skyrim
-SWTOR
-diablo 3 (when it comes out)
-League of Legends
-Might get Battlefield 3

p.s. also a bit off topic, but What would be the proper fan set up for my case? I have two 80mm fans up front blowing inward, the side 80mm fan blowing out, and the rear 120mm fan blowing out. I've had skyrim shut my computer off on me a few times playing on high settings, and someone suggested my video card could be overheating.

AnandTech - Bench - GPU11
Thats a general comparison, you may want to look for specific comparisons for games you play.

Personally, I would start saving and build in February.
You'll be able to get a better GPU than either of those for a similar price.

I'd have the front and the side fans taking in air, and the back fan and the psu fan blowing air out.

It is most likely your cpu that's dying on you...check the temps w/ speedfan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom