HD 3200 hybrid with HD 4670? - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #31 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: HD 3200 hybrid with HD 4670?

I ordered the 500W CM PSU and received it. I'm going to install it this weekend. I did some research on OCing the 9100e and saw some positive results. I saw in a few different locations that people were able to get it to run all the way up to 2.4 and keep it stable (1.8 is stock.) Not to shabby. Obviously I cant OC it through the bios since its gateway. I'm going to search my mobo and see if I can find the PLL and get some software to OC it. So far the two software apps that I found to help do this are.. Clockgen and SoftFSB. Are there any others that I could try incase those two dont have my PLL? I'll post my findings/results just incase anyone comes across the same issues/desire to OC the 9100e Gateway system I have.

My HSF is a cooler master that came stock with the PC. The side of the case is vented and I'm thinking of adding another fan & funnel to pull the air directly out of the case. My video card pulls the air directly out as well since its a 2 slot card. OR.. should I just purchase a better more powerful HSF?

EDIT: I guess I can even see if any of the HSF stuff is needed if I can even OC it.. I'll watch the temps first.

EDIT #2: I just thought of something.. If I find out who created my board and install one of their BIOS drivers will it then "unlock" the gateway BIOS restrictions and allow me to OC??

Old 06-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: HD 3200 hybrid with HD 4670?

If I would install the wrong bios update on my system what is the worst thing that could happen?

Closed Thread