Having Two Internal Hard Drives on one Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyzyoro

Baseband Member
well.. i had another topic, but i had more problems and i saw that my old one was deleted.

so far i know that my master hard drive is internal (120GB). im going to get another internal 200GB hard drive, however.. from what people have said to me, i just install the 2nd internal hard drive BELOW or ABOVE my master hard drive. the problem is that directly below my master hard drive is one of my CD Drives. and my master hard drive is at the highest point of my computer case, there's no way to install it above. so.. how would i solve this problem? i really need an extra internal hard drive. do i have to purchase another case? (i posted a thread on a case i want)

here are some other info:
- my comp has an ASUS motherboard
- my master internal hard drive is 120GB
- the other internal hard drive im going to buy is going to be 200GB (i need this one installed.)

all help appreciated.:)

Do you have IDE? If you do, the HD must be below the primary because of the way the ribbon cable its set up. You can always move your drives around.

what is IDE?

and.. directly below my primary hard drive is one of my CD drives as i said in my post above. how how i fit it?

eh. i must of missed it when going through the thread list.

anyways.. anyone gonna snwer to my last post?

do you have any open 3.5" internal spot for a hdd?

its ok if its top you ujst have to turn the cable around and twist it a little

but what is IDE?

and are you saying that my 2nd hard drive doesnt have to be either below or above? i can out it somewhere else?

IDE what your cd drive is connected to, the big gray ribbon, it might be a rounded one sometimes.

it doesnt matter where your second hdd is...

PZEROFGH said:
IDE what your cd drive is connected to, the big gray ribbon, it might be a rounded one sometimes.

it doesnt matter where your second hdd is...

here's the layout of my comp from top to bottom:
case top cover
primary hard drive
DVD drive
CD Drive
Motherboard connected with my RAM CPU etc.
USB Card
case bottom cover

so.. where do i plug in my 2nd hard drive exactly..

anywhere there is space...if there is space below your exisitng hdd put it there, above then put it there, side then put it there, PUT IT ANWHERE YOU CAN MOUNT IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom