Having trouble connecting my PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuxoR

What choice did I have?..
I recently bought a new PSU and am having trouble connecting it to the Acer motherboard from the old computer.

Can anyone show me a great guide to connecting everything? everything I find seems outdated
thanks

What issue are you having? You should just have a 24 pin (possible 20 pin if it is really old) and a 4pin (perhaps not if it is really old and perhaps an 8 pin if it is really new) into the mb.

What mb do you have and what psu?

I believe it's a 24 pin (one big section and a double pin small section)
The PSU is a OCZ 500w and I'm not sure about the motherboard (the computer is an Acer m5100)

What needs to be connected to see if it will turn on? I do not know which sides are negative and positive for the Power SW, Power LED, ect; so these so far aren't connected

If the power SW and power LED are labeled, then usually the labeled side faces to the bottom of the case. If not, then the manual should have it.

Well the thing is I can't download a manual (can't find a working one)
since I bought it a bit back I can't find the paper manual...any guesses on which could be the + and -?
will it turn on without these?

Haha ok I'll try it if it's no harm

Would you happen to know which set it goes in? It seems to go into USB 3 or 2 (the sets at the bottom of the case)
most guides and videos put them there (bottom right hand corner)

It won't turn on without them, but there's no danger in putting them on the wrong way. I used to just put them in whichever way, if it didn't turn on I just put it the other way round.

Does this apply to the board as well? There is a colored set of connections so I'll mess around with those, sadly they aren't labelled

What sort of connections? You mean sort of rectangle shapes with pins? Red and blue sort of connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom