Having a serious problem with heatsink or cpu...

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
This all started up after I left tech-forum boards after 1:30pm.
I checked my computers cpu tempature and it was idiling at 28C.
I left my room to take care of some stuff outside and cameback in at 4:00pm.
I went to sleep for about in hour and I heard alarm on my computer go off.
I said **** it and checked the pc at 5:00pm in bios and my phenom 8400 went from 30c to 110c in less than 2 minutes.
I shut it down very quickly and let it cool off, I open up the case and the amd heatsink fan became unlatched a little bit.
I put it back on twisted the heatsink preapplied thermal grease left and right and put the strap on.

I turned on the computer at 8:00pm after it cooled down and now the temps went from 21c to 37c in under 15 seconds.
When I told bios to adjust the fan speed for 45c temp it kinda locked on, but the blasted thing keeps resetting to default whenever i reboot.

Can someone tell me what the **** is going on with cpu temps sky rocketing like that ?
The heatsink I have is a new AMD oem heatsink fan with grease already applied and a new oem amd phenom 8400.

Last I have had a very bad day, my leaf blower blows a fuse, I get zapped by it,my rake falls apart on me after 2 years, my new black berry lost it's sound temporarily and now my new computer is getting ready blow up in my face....

Is the BIOS holding any other changes you make or is it just the target temperature?

Yes everything is holding any information I saved.
I just now turned on my pc and the tempature is staying under 40c.
After the christmas holidays I'll go to bank and put in 40.00 bucks.
I'll get that masscool heatsink fan like I should have and grab the xclio PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom