Have some parts. Just need mobo and CPU advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockhead21784

Solid State Member
I had done months of research and was starting to slowly buy parts, to help wiht the budget. I have bought some parts from Newegg over the past couple of months. I was waiting on the motherboard to lower in price (GIG GA-MA69GM-S2H) (AMD AM2 board) and they deactivated it. Guess you can't wait in this business, things become old fast.

NO GAMING. I might decide to do some video transfering(editing) from my camcorder to my DVD's. Other than that just normal home use.

Anyway what I have so far is:
1. A nice big case for standard ATX or smaller
2. Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
3. SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD Burner
4. Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
5. Antec earthwatts EA430 430W ATX12V v2.0 Power Supply 100

Very small budget. My original plan was $200.00 or less for both board and processor combined.

Should I stick with AMD or go with the Intel chips? Its been about 5 months since I have roamed the forums and prices probably have dropped. Anyway thanks for your help.

I recommend going with Intel since they offer better performance. A Core 2 Duo E7200 and Biostar p43 will cost you $214 and is worth the price.

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Wolfdale 2.53GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

If you want to keep it well under $200 you could get a E2180 with the Biostar p43 which would cost $155.

Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors

i've been using AMD for a long time now and never had a problem.. used Intel in the past. and i can say.. AMD is much better.. sometimes i try to encode 3 videos at the same time (one high def) and 2 a 640x480 WMV file.. and it's not that slow

i prefer.. using AMD.. even though you do not plan on any gaming.. its good for just plain smooth sailing and more cheaper than intels.. no offense.. i also used dual cores from intel.. but i still prefer amd.. not by the use of benchmarks or testing.. just by looking at my monitor.. while working.. i can see the difference

puddle jumper, your mobo cpu combo doesn't even include a igp..

Nice catch. I'm not sure what I was thinking.

Since you need integrated graphics the 4800+ x2 and Foxconn 780g darksideleader posted will suit you needs better. I build a system using that motherboard and was impressed by the long list of features it had for its price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom