Have Old Dell Latitude CSX That Runs Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJboutit

Baseband Member
I have a old latop dell latitude csx 128 ram 40gb runs really slow when I use bittorrent and some other things how can I make it faster.

you should probably add more ram, or get better internet, because the OS probably takes a lot from that. Also, you should take a rock and smash that dell. The rocks probably more usefull than that POS

hmmm... so it's not the internet... but the ram is the problem. My laptop has more than that(512 mb). I think you should save up if you're really desperate. Also, your pc may be overheating. Check that

the max ram for the dell is 320mb

Are you sure that's the max?

That means you must have something along the lines of this configuration for memory:

3x128mb = 384mb
1x256+1x128 = 384mb

It's most likely the second setup, as I believe most notebook/laptops only have two memory slots. I'm guessing you should be able to at least switch out that one stick of 128mb of memory for a 256mb stick for a total of 512mb (448mb including shared VRAM)

Either way, 64mb of your memory is being used as video memory (384mb - 64mb = 320mb).

Windows XP uses about 300mb of memory, so that only leaves about 20mb of memory for your computer to use.

That's not a lot ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom