The Hardware Shopping MegaThread

We should add a list of places to avoid.

moogaudio < Ignore them, false advertising on price matching, extremely low level of customer service. Also they took 4 months to refund me 20 dollars.

Last edited:
^not bashing them. Telling people they should avoid them. It also is not for the sheer sake of it. It serves a purpose of helping people in the future.

That's funny, I called Bestbuy about a year ago and they didn't even know what a Power supply was, they figured I was refering to a power adapter (for a laptop). I called two different Best Buys by the way.

I think we need to be able to tell people where to shop as well as where to potentially avoid. It's obviously up to people to do what they want, but what happens if they were to come asking for opinions anyway? We're a forum, and it should be up to us to behave as both sides of the aisle. Of course, I would agree we can't go HAM and purposely bash the hell out of a company, but sharing our experiences, good or bad, is a must. I would feel like a turd if somebody came through here asking about a place I had a negative experience with and two weeks later come back saying they wasted X amount of time and money when I could have explained what happened to me and allowed them to choose based on a more educated opinion. It is the responsibility of both parties to use fair words and judgement. Be honest, be reasonable.

Not sure about what we in the U.S. refer to as the "Down Under" where your from....But over here but Frys went belly up. I have not had any dealings with Tiger Direct in many years. In fact I thought that TD was out of business too. Although I used to think New Egg was one of the best in the past, (and I do believe they still have good service) their ship costs and prices are not that competitive when compared to Amazon with a prime account.

Back
Top Bottom