The Hardware Shopping MegaThread

Can i ask, why is everything so much more expensive on the UK sites? I had been looking on the Newegg site without realizing it was US only, and priced my parts up at £336.
On the UK sites, it is around £400... Is it just the specific parts, and i'm being an idiot, or is there a reason for it?

Don't know why you would say that, it isn't always true.

It's usually true if you're buying individual items, but the dedicated sites tend to have better sales (lower price and more useful items) and a wider range, and are better if you're buying a whole build.

Sorry, i meant to say 'Seems to be', i haven't bought enough computer parts to have a solid view of it.
Yeah, i was buying individual parts when i noticed it - some things were like £2 cheaper on the other sites, but then had like £9 P&P (which seems a bit OTT, maybe that was an odd case) so it was always cheaper for me to get the parts on amazon.
And i opened each part on each site listed here, and worked them all out, and i only saw an advantage to the other sites once - and that was when there was an ivy bridge i5 (i forget the numbers) for £160, which is about £20 cheaper than Amazon.

could you tell me what 2.5 GHz intel core i5-2450 M processor,HD brightview LED backlit display, super multi dvd burner and a 2 in 1 integreted digital media recorder means?

Back
Top Bottom