Techist - Tech Forum

Techist - Tech Forum (http://www.techist.com/forums/)
-   System Upgrades (http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/)
-   -   The Hardware Shopping MegaThread (http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/hardware-shopping-megathread-212899/)

KSoD 07-31-2009 03:25 PM

The Hardware Shopping MegaThread

This topic is being created to stop the constant questions about which site to use for buying products. We will list sites by Country.

*NOTE*

If this thread gets out of hand AT ALL, meaning that someone posts a site and someone else later comes by and gives them any kind of flak saying the site is junk, there will be instant Infractions given. No pleas, no questions nothing. The first sign of any kind of arguement and all parties involved get infractions. This is the ONE AND ONLY WARNING.

This topic is for informative purposes. It is to help guide people to sites to use for buying parts. It will be edited and sites for other countries added once they are suggested. No site will be bashed for the sheer sake of it. A site will be added once it has been researched.

So please when posting make sure to give the Country you are from or posting for and list the name of the site and a link. Thank you.

USA

NewEgg | TigerDirect | ZipZoomFly | Buy.com | Amazon | SVC.com | eCost | iBuyPower | CyberPowerPC | Frys.com | CompUSA | BestBuy | Dell | eBay | NCIXUS | MicroCenter

UK

Scan | Ebuyer | Dabs | Aria PC | Overclockers UK | Misco | Novatech | Microdirect | LinITX | Overclockers UK | KustomPCs

Australia

ARC Computers | Harris Technology | MSY Computers | PC Case Gear |

Sweden

Inet | Dustin | NetOnNet

Canada

NCIX | Newegg | Dell | DirectCanada | TigerDirect | Canada Computers | BestDirect | PC Cyber Canada

Specialty Shops

FrozenCPU | Performance PCs | Petras | SVC | MNPCTech

Yami 07-31-2009 03:58 PM

Re: The Hardware Shopping MegaThread

Here's the UK sites I usually use, I think that's the main ones, trying to think of a few more.

-
UK
Scan | Ebuyer | Dabs | Aria PC | Overclockers UK | Misco
-

There is one other, which is Play.com, however they outrageously expensive for any powerful hardware and are only good for cheap items such as card readers, optical drives and rewriteable media as a result of their free shipping on everything. I shall leave it up to you Mak to decide whether to include it.
As an example, their cheapest GTX260 is 30 more (about $50) than the exact same model at Scan.

Edit: Added Misco.

Hefemeister 07-31-2009 03:59 PM

Sweden: not that it is really needed.

Inet | Dustin | NetOnNet

veg1992 07-31-2009 04:00 PM

Australia:

MSY was one..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mak (Post 1691416)
This topic is being created to stop the constant questions about which site to use for buying products. We will list sites by Country. I am only going to post up the USA for now and will get more added later.

*NOTE*

If this thread gets out of hand AT ALL, meaning that someone posts a site and someone else later comes by and gives them any kind of flak saying the site is junk, there will be instant Infractions given. No pleas, no questions nothing. The first sign of any kind of arguement and all parties involved get infractions. This is the ONE AND ONLY WARNING.

This topic is for informative purposes. It is to help guide people to sites to use for buying parts. It will be edited and sites for other countries added once they are suggested. No site will be bashed for the sheer sake of it. A site will be added once it has been researched.

So please when posting make sure to give the Country you are from or posting for and list the name of the site and a link. Thank you.

USA

NewEgg | TigerDirect | ZipZoomFly | Buy.com

NCIXUS also?

synergy 07-31-2009 04:26 PM

More USA sites:

Amazon
Petras
SVC.com
eCost
iBuyPower
CyberPowerPC
Frys.com
CompUSA
BestBuy
Dell
eBay

KSoD 07-31-2009 08:27 PM

Updated list. Vern and Hefe you know you can edit the post as well and put stuff right in there instead of posting. ;)

Luke 07-31-2009 09:08 PM

Good idea mak

Canadian sites

NCIX
Newegg
DirectCanada
TigerDirect

I can't think of anymore right now, but those are the best (tiger direct being the least best, the shipping is kinda of hefty and they are a bit over priced compared to the other sites i listed.

Harper 07-31-2009 09:17 PM

AUSTRLIA
MSY Computers
ARC Computers
Harris Technology
PC Case Gear

philbar71 08-03-2009 05:50 PM

here a few sites i have orderd from before,

Mwave.com - Buy Computers, Notebooks, Ipods, Digital Cameras, Software, Graphics Cards, CPUs and more at the lowest prices and best service from Mwave.com

J&R: Electronics, Digital Cameras, Computers, Appliances, Software, Video Games, DVDs, CDs .

veg1992 08-03-2009 06:20 PM

Maybe we should put special annotations for sites that have price match?