Hardware check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigboomer

Solid State Member
This is all I need (minus a proper video card [coming later], and os [buying locally]) for a properly runnign computer, correct ? I have speaker, mouse, and keyboard, and monitor already.

$269 Biostar Geforce 6100-M9 NVIDIA Socket 939 MicroATX Motherboard with an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.80GHz CPU & Ultra 512MB DDR PC3200, + Ultra 512MB DDR 3200

$40 Just4PC 747 ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Front USB and 425Watt Power Supply - Black

$40 DVD+RW

$60 80GB, 7200RPM, 8GB Maxtor HD

$20 Ethernet card, for internet

This is it right ?

That motherboard has onboard LAN... you don't need the Ethernet card.

I wouldn't trust my components with that PSU. You'd do better to take the money for the ethernet card, add some to it, and buy a decent PSU. Check out Antec, ThermalTake, and Fortron.

you should use a different motherboard. one that doesn't use an onboard videocard. you can buy better mobo's for less money that are probably more reliable and for the price difference, you could buy a 6200 (non TurboCache). that way, your System RAM wouldn't be used up by your videocard.

Well, im only holding off on the video card for a bit more cash. I'd rather hold out 2-4 weeks and get a 7800GT, rather than get a 6000 series, and wait 4-6 weeks for a 7800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom