Harddrive problems of the highest degree

Status
Not open for further replies.

louisauk2003

Beta member
I am having this problem with, you guessed it windows xp(the bane of my life) basicly the system looks like its going to boot up and then for a split second it shows a blue screen of death which is impossible to read before it starts to boot up all over again.

So in the end after franticly beating the keyboards F8 key until a blister starts to appear on my finger, A menu cames up, and I selected The 'do not reboot on error' option.
If only there was a 'Work for me' option.

Anyway after it "tries" to boot up again the blue screen comes back up, but this time it stays there, so I can now at least read what it has to say.

UN-MOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME and then a lot of words and code that I swear Microsoft only put in there to make themselfs appear all clever and mysterious. Why can't they just tell it as it is.

It never says 'Sorry but due to this being a really unstable operating system it has crashed again and this time it has taken your hard drive with it- You will need to buy a new drive and do a full install of windows'.

Argggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they annoy me so much.

Can anyone tell me what exactly has happened and is there anyway to get it to work without having to do a full format and re-install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom