hard drive/ optical drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinker

Baseband Member
have to get a new harddrive, mine is full. Right now I have the first HDD hooked up to an IDE cable as is my optical DVD/CD drive. I found another IDE cable that cam with my mobo. Should I Hook the DVD/CD drive up to the one I found, then hook the 2 HDD up to the same IDE cable? Or should I SATA the new one? If I do both IDE, what would I have to do to make windows recognize it as one drive?
mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16813135177

this is important . i have only 4 percent free space left on this one.Could someone point me to a drive at least 120 GB that will work with that mobo from newegg? what do i have to do to install, partition it, or whatever else? is it like installing drivers?

if you go with ide you won't be needing drivers. i don't know about getting it to be recognised as one drive but all you have to do is set one as master (i would make it the one you already have) and the other slave. there should be a label on the drive explaining it. if you go SATA master/slave settings don't matter. the link you provided is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom