Hard drive causing computer heating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis2262

Baseband Member
My laptop gets hot in like 30 minutes and cuts off so i took it to a local computer store to get the cooling fan fixed...They call back and say that its my hard drive and that it will be 250 dollars to fix...Could the hard drive actually cause it to get hot and cut off?..Only way it stays on longer then 30 minutes is if i cut the fan in my room on and put it right beside my laptop

I have never heard of a harddrive overheating like that. What brand is your laptop? If it is the harddrive, 250 bucks is alot.

M@$t3r_N30 said:
I have never heard of a harddrive overheating like that. What brand is your laptop? If it is the harddrive, 250 bucks is alot.
I have a Dell Insprion 1100 and they said it will take 3 hours to install and that makes it 250 dollars.

Tell 'em ta stick that 250 bucks up their ass ~_~. Is it still under warranty? You'd probably be better off contacting tech support or somethin of the sort.

Camden said:
Tell 'em ta stick that 250 bucks up their ass ~_~. Is it still under warranty? You'd probably be better off contacting tech support or somethin of the sort.
Im pretty sure my warranty is up and i need it fixed but i think 250 is a lot...I dont see how its the harddrive causing it to over heat

what is this computer store? a hdd cant get hot, only like 30C, maybe you could get a laptop cooler, one of those things that attach under the laptop with fans.

I am on 1200 now and have never had a problem. If you think about it, for another 50 bucks you can get a new one from Dell with one of those holiday specials.

Don't spend the 250.

M@$t3r_N30 said:
I am on 1200 now and have never had a problem. If you think about it, for another 50 bucks you can get a new one from Dell with one of those holiday specials.

Don't spend the 250.
Oh well too late..and the store is called Computer Geeks over here and he said the HDD is 99.99...50.00 to save all the files.and the rest for putting it into the computer for a total of 250.

tell him to cram it. it doesn't take 3 hours of his time to replace a HDD. I gauruntee it. He can do other things while windows is installing...

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom