Which hard disk is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see some of people don't like maxtor...if i were to choose seagate, i would get the sata version (cmon...it's the new generation of hard drives)

Thanks, everyone. I'll give this some more thought, I have some time to make a decesion before I do a return. Can't use a SATA drive until my new PSU arrives anyway.

Appreciate all the feedback =)

Raphael Argus said:
Can't use a SATA drive until my new PSU arrives anyway.

actually, sata power adapters cums wid sata hard drives. unless it's an OEM, it only cums wid the hard drive itself

Western Digital Rulz and Seagate Drulz :p

I would go with the Maxtor, reluctantly though because I too have seen a fair few dead Maxtors... and unfortunately 3 of them were mine. They shipped a lot of High Street PC's with Maxtor drives, and a few years ago when that was your best bet for a cheap PC that was where my first 3 or 4 PC's came from.

Although having learnt my lessons about the importance of backing up data the hard way, I still had a couple of drives make a horrible crunch sound followed by numerous errors upon bootup so since then I've gone Western Digital or Seagate.

Maybe I was just unlucky though... ditto to the SATA suggestions, it's faster, the cables are tidier and improve airflow and is currently the improving technology just be sure to backup once in a while if you go Maxtor.

I decided to keep both the Seagate and Maxtor. I'm not good at decesions =) Both work great, so far no real issues or complications with either. (Except getting XP to recognize the maxtor as more then 137gbs, which was easily fixed)

Thanks for all the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom