Guts Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtnboarder495

Daemon Poster
I call it a "Guts Upgrade" because .. well, I'm changing out the all important stuff. What prompted me to do this is partially Vista, which I don't plan on buying still for some time because many things aren't supported and it seems buggy from what I've heard.

Anyways this is what I have now (also in sig):

DFI Lanparty Nforce4 Ultra-D
Socket 939 Opteron 165
G Skillz DDR500 2x1GB
eVGA 7900GT CO
Antec Truepower 2.0 550W

Now I'm thinking that I definitely want to upgrade to a DX10 card, probably an eVGA 8 series, not sure which one. For CPU, definitely Core 2 Conroe, probably E6320. Motherboard, I have no clue on. Memory I could use some suggestions. Lastly, I don't want to upgrade my PSU as I don't think it's necessary, I only consume 400-450W at the most now, and I've heard that this stuff is only more effcient.

Thanks.

ya that power supply is good enough and its a good brand so i wouldn't stress that. Now since you want to go intel and since you have an opty im thinking you want a motherboard that oc's good. Ram nowadays is cheap even overclocking ram. And the video card is Dependant on you're budget. Heres my suggestions

Mb: if you want sli later on this is pretty good:Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-DQ6 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

if you dont then:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128012

Video card( i think you should wait a while on this till the nvidia brings out a new card it shouldn't be too long because of the 2900, then the price will drop on the 8800's, and what you have is pretty sufficient for now): Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGR88320GTSOC2E GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

Memory: Newegg.com - GeIL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom